Ammo depot fire in Ukraine no threat to EU gas transit — company

Putting out the fire may take up to seven days

KIEV, March 23. /TASS/. The large-scale blaze at an arms depot in northeastern Ukraine’s Kharkov region will not affect the country’s transit of Russian gas to the European Union, a spokesman for the country’s gas pipeline operator Ukrtransgaz said Thursday.

“We guarantee: the transit flow was re-channeled through the Sudzha (gas metering station in Russia),” he wrote on his Facebook page.

The fire at a military depot in the Balakleya district in the heart of the Kharkov Region started at around 3.00 a.m. local time (0100GMT) at several storage facilities for missiles and artillery weapons. No casualty figures are available to date, but a 54-year-old woman was injured by a piece of shrapnel that hit her in the temple, according to local police.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladimir Groisman said that the fire has engulfed nearly a half of the entire territory of the military facility and extinguishing it “may take up to seven days.”

“At the moment, we are looking into a (possibility of) subversive act, which is still not ruled out, but negligence is being investigated as well,” he said.

The region’s governor said that munitions still continue to explode and the blaze threatens the nearby residential buildings.

‘Today, there is still a threat that residential buildings may catch fire. However, the entire scope of damage will be fully assessed only after the blasts cease and the fire is contained,” Yulia Svetlichnaya told the NewsOne TV channel in Ukraine.

At the moment, a total of 24 evacuation centers have been set up for those who were forced to flee their homes because of the blaze. According to Ukrainian presidential spokesman Svyatoslav Tsegolko, a total of 20,000 people have already been evacuated from within the 10-kilometer zone around the facility.

The authorities have also imposed a 50-km no-fly zone above the area.

Ukrainian President Petr Poroshenko instructed a number of governmental bodies to request for NATO aid in demining the territory after the disaster.

“I urgently instructed the Foreign Ministry, the Defense Ministry and the emergencies service to get NATO assistance for humanitarian demining in Balakleya,” the Ukrainian leader wrote on his Twitter page.

19 thoughts on “Ammo depot fire in Ukraine no threat to EU gas transit — company

• October 20, 2017 at 1:09 pm

With havin that much content and articles do you somehow run into any problems of copyright violation? My website has lots of unique content I’ve written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any solutions to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

• October 24, 2017 at 9:55 am

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in internet explorer, would test this… IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a good part of other folks will pass over your excellent writing due to this problem.

• October 30, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Thank you for another informative web site. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

• November 2, 2017 at 7:41 am

There’s awesome modifications on the design of the page, I certainly like this! My own is dealing with best love quotes and certainly, there are lots of things to be done, I’m yet still a novice in website design. Be careful!

• November 3, 2017 at 2:05 pm

You are certainly correct, I would really enjoy to find out new info on this subject! I’m also interested in headphones because I consider it truly is quite cool these days. Keep this up!

• November 3, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• November 16, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Well I truly liked studying it. This post provided by you is very useful for correct planning.

• November 17, 2017 at 6:55 am

I really like the things you people are now up to. This type of great work and reporting! Carry on the great effort friends, I’ve incorporated you on our Arvind Pandit blog.

• November 18, 2017 at 8:04 am

You’re absolutely correct! I liked looking through this article and I will certainly come back for more soon. Our site is on the subject of garageband app free, you could look if you are still interested in this.

• November 18, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Hello there, what do you feel on the subject of facetime android app? Really great topic, huh?

• November 22, 2017 at 7:31 pm

I am really curious to understand what blog platform you’re working with? I’m experiencing several small security issues with our most recent site on lucky patcher apk free download so I’d love to find a thing much more secure. Are there any alternatives?

• November 23, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hello! This is my first comment here so I really wanted to say a fast hello and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other sites which deal with real estate training? I am also highly keen on this! Thank you so much!

• November 23, 2017 at 8:06 pm

You’re definitely correct, I’d really enjoy to find out new info on the topic! I’m also curious about video door intercom as I think it really is very trendy at the moment. Thanks.

• November 24, 2017 at 4:40 pm

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

• November 25, 2017 at 4:07 pm

I was discussing with a buddy of mine on this info and about zapya apps free download as well. I do believe you made a lot of great points in this article, we are excited to keep reading information from you.

• November 25, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Howdy could you let me know which blog platform you are dealing with? I’m going to get started on my own personal blog on instagram followers app soon although I’m having a hard time making a decision.

• November 26, 2017 at 4:26 pm