It Was ‘Mass Molestation,’ Says Bengaluru Witness On New Year Eve Horror

BENGALURU: Witnesses have described the horror on Bengaluru’s famous MG Road on New Year’s Eve, when several women were molested as thousands of revelers poured out on to the street close to midnight.

A young woman who was present on the boulevard in the heart of the Karnataka capital that night described the situation as “almost a stampede” and said she saw “girls crying and shouting for help.” One woman she said fainted, another took off her shoes to fend off attackers.

Two days later, she is still traumatised by what she saw, the woman said. A friend who was attacked is in shock. “Whenever a woman passed the molesters groped and pawed them, taking advantage of the intense crowd…You can fight back one or two people but how do you fight a crowd,” she said, emphasising that men were “intentionally” targeting women.

It was “mass molestation,” she said

A witness said there weren't enough police personnel to control the crowd in Bengaluru.
A witness said there weren’t enough police personnel to control the crowd in Bengaluru.

Another witness said there were not enough police personnel to control the massive crowd. “Everyone was drunk and pushing each other, people behaved indecently. They did not leave a single girl,” she said.

She said she saw a woman weeping. “She was bleeding and had scratches. It was very scary,” she said, describing how the attackers “grabbed women’s hair and pulled at their clothes.”

As Bengaluru, which prides itself as a safe city for women, struggles to come to terms with the incident, the state’s home minister G Parmeshwara has said there are enough policemen and women in the city to ensure safety.

The incident was first reported by local newspaper Bangalore Mirror, which published photographs of distraught women rushing for help to the hundreds of cops stationed on MG Road.

Yet no complaint has been registered yet, the city police said today, adding that they were gathering more information.

The home minister said footage from CCTV cameras installed in the area would be examined by the police.

7 thoughts on “It Was ‘Mass Molestation,’ Says Bengaluru Witness On New Year Eve Horror

• November 21, 2017 at 10:17 pm

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

• November 22, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Greetings, I’m really excited I found this blog, I basically encountered you by mistake, when I was researching on Aol for vshare market download. Nonetheless I am here right now and would really enjoy to say kudos for a wonderful post and the all-round enjoyable website (I also enjoy the design), I don’t have enough time to go through it completely at the moment but I have saved it and also added in the RSS feeds, so when I have the time I’ll be back to look over much more. Please do continue the amazing work.

• November 23, 2017 at 12:29 am

You are completely right. I really enjoyed looking through this info and I will come back for more as quick as possible. My own website is on best bass headphones, you could look if you happen to be interested in this.

• November 24, 2017 at 12:14 am

Hello could you tell me which platform you’re dealing with? I am planning to get started on my own site on wireless intercom for home soon yet I am having a tough time choosing.

• November 24, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue along with your website in internet explorer, may check this… IE still is the marketplace leader and a huge portion of people will omit your fantastic writing because of this problem.

• November 25, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Thanks a lot for this marvelous write-up! I actually liked reading it.I’ll be sure to take note of your site and will often come back in the future. I would love to encourage you to definitely continue the excellent job, possibly think about wifi router settings as well, have a nice evening!

• November 26, 2017 at 2:46 am

You’re absolutely right! I loved looking through this and I will certainly return for more right away. Our website is dealing with how to buy twitter followers, you might take a glance if you happen to be interested in this.