Demand up for bodyguards, security firms now seek to train civilians

KUALA LUMPUR, July 9 ― The local demand for armed bodyguards has gone up amid a recent series of shootings and other violent incidents in the country.

Security Services Association of Malaysia president Datuk Seri Mustapa Ali said security firms are expected to train civilians to cope with the demand for bodyguards.

“The use of former police and special forces personnel as armed bodyguards is no longer enough to cater to the demand.

“We have had several meetings with the police and Home Ministry to discuss the training of civilians as armed bodyguards,” he was quoted saying by The Star newspaper today.

He reportedly said the civilians’ training is slated to start after Hari Raya celebrations, with a two-week crash course with the police is required before candidates are allowed to handle firearms.

Those who hire armed bodyguards from security firms have to pay a range of RM8,000 to RM10,000 per month, he said.

There have been several shootings this year, with the latest being the July 6 fatal shooting of a real estate agent in the Taman OUG suburb here.

On June 29, a man survived six gunshots from unidentified motorcyclists at KM3.5 of the Kuala Lumpur-Seremban highway.

On June 21, two motorists were injured when they were shot at the traffic lights intersection of the main road with Sunway Batu Caves.

Eight days later, the suspected perpetrator was shot dead at USJ 11, Subang Jaya by the police who were said to be acting in self-defence.

Miri PKR branch secretary Bill Kayong was shot dead on June 21 by an unidentified person at a traffic light junction in his Sarawak hometown.

On June 15, a businessman died after being hit by six out of 10 shots fired by an unidentified motorcyclist at the Sungai Rasau toll plaza in Selangor.

On April 15, two men were shot dead in Sabah after eight shots were fired into the vehicle they were in. – MMO.

12 thoughts on “Demand up for bodyguards, security firms now seek to train civilians

• October 30, 2017 at 9:07 pm

You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. I’d absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Regards!

• November 3, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I used to be very pleased to find this internet-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely having fun with every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

• November 11, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hi, what do you think with regards to upvc window styles? Very trendy subject, isn’t it?

• November 16, 2017 at 4:03 pm

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

• November 17, 2017 at 3:55 am

I actually came right here from another web address about Arvind Pandit and considered I might check out this page. I really like the things I see so now I”m following you. Getting excited about exploring your site all over again.

• November 18, 2017 at 7:57 am

You are absolutely correct, I’d really like to know even more on the topic! I’m as well fascinated by garageband iphone since I think it truly is quite cool currently. Great!

• November 18, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I’m really interested to know which website system you have been working with? I am having a few small security issues with the latest website regarding facetime for windows and I’d love to find one thing more secure. Do you have any solutions?

• November 23, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Howdy, you are certainly correct. I frequently read through your content attentively. I’m likewise looking into residential intercom system, you could discuss this from time to time. Have a good day!

• November 24, 2017 at 2:29 pm

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

• November 24, 2017 at 9:14 pm

eyakwh [url=http://erectionpillsvcl.com/canadian-pharmacy-review]canadian pharmacy[/url]

• November 25, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Howdy, what do you feel on the subject of free instagram followers? Pretty great matter, huh?

• November 26, 2017 at 1:37 pm