Malaysian anti-graft agency seeks three in probe of former unit of 1MDB

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) – Malaysia’s anti-graft agency on Saturday summoned three businessman to appear before it in an investigation of energy firm SRC International Sdn Bhd, a former unit of troubled state investment fund 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB).

1MDB, whose advisory board is chaired by Prime Minister Najib Razak, has been dogged by controversy over its $11-billion debt and is being examined by authorities investigating accusations of financial mismanagement and graft.

Najib is trying to reassert his leadership over his government and a stumbling economy following severe criticism after being embroiled in a scandal over the state fund.

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission said it “implored” members of the public who had information about the whereabouts of the three men to contact its investigators, and listed the names and contact details of officials.

In its statement, the anti-graft agency named the men as Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, SRC International’s managing director, Nik Faisal Ariff Kamil, and a director, Suboh Mohd Yassin.

It gave no further details, apart from the identity-card numbers and last known addresses of the men.

In July, the Wall Street Journal reported that investigators looking into allegations of graft and financial mismanagement in 1MDB found that nearly $700 million was deposited into Najib’s private bank account.

Reuters has not verified the report.

The anti-graft agency has since verified the funds were a donation from the Middle East. It said on Aug. 3 that it would ask Najib to explain why the donation was deposited into his private account.Najib has maintained that he did not take any money for personal gain.

41 thoughts on “Malaysian anti-graft agency seeks three in probe of former unit of 1MDB

• October 3, 2017 at 1:11 am

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a tiring experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random stuff and whined about his insomnia. I totally told him to site and deal with it.

• October 6, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Hi everybody! Recently I have been struggling with a lot of hardships. Friends and doctors keep telling me I should consider taking meds, so I may as well link and see how it goes. Problem is, I haven’t taken it for a while, and don’t wanna get back to it, we’ll see how it goes.

• October 19, 2017 at 4:05 pm

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a horrible experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random stuff and cried about his insomnia. I totally told him to site and deal with it.

• October 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm

As I web-site possessor I believe the content material here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.

• October 23, 2017 at 3:54 pm

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a very bad experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random stories and complained about his sleeplessness. I totally told him to link and deal with it.

• October 24, 2017 at 11:13 am

Hello.This article was extremely interesting, particularly since I was searching for thoughts on this matter last week.

• October 25, 2017 at 4:50 pm

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a very bad experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random stories and whined about his insomnia. I totally told him to this and deal with it.

• October 27, 2017 at 3:13 pm

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a tiring experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random stories and cried about his wakefulness. I totally told him to click here and deal with it.

• October 30, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Great write-up, I’m regular visitor of one’s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

• November 3, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

• November 13, 2017 at 6:39 pm

My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a horrible experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random subjects and cried about his wakefulness. I totally told him to website and deal with it.

• November 13, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I’d have to examine with you here. Which is not one thing I often do! I get pleasure from studying a publish that will make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

• November 15, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Hey guys!!!
    designs and builds specialty lines of lead oxide production equipment, material handling systems, battery related process machinery, parts, and accessories for the battery, pigment, glass, and chemical industries. http://techbasys.com offers technical application and engineering services to help the customer acheive maximum benefit from their equipment and manufacturing processes.

• November 16, 2017 at 3:48 pm

In this great pattern of things you actually secure an A for effort and hard work. Where you lost us was in all the details. You know, as the maxim goes, the devil is in the details… And it couldn’t be more correct at this point. Having said that, permit me inform you precisely what did deliver the results. The text is definitely highly engaging and this is possibly the reason why I am making an effort in order to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, whilst I can see the jumps in reasoning you make, I am not really sure of how you seem to unite your ideas which inturn produce the actual final result. For now I will, no doubt yield to your position but hope in the near future you connect your dots better.

• November 17, 2017 at 3:39 am

I’m really interested to learn what site platform you are utilizing? I am experiencing a few slight safety problems with my most recent site about Arvind Pandit and I’d love to find one thing much more safe. Do you have any recommendations?

• November 18, 2017 at 7:13 am

I felt great reading this article and I think you are absolutely right. Let me know in the event that you are curious about bluestacks download for pc, that’s my primary competence. I really hope to see you in the near future, be careful!

• November 18, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Hello. I recently discovered this amazing site and I certainly like it. I also love to focus on vshare ios from time to time. Great to be here, bless you!

• November 18, 2017 at 8:01 pm

It was actually great reading this and I believe you are completely correct. Tell me in case you are interested in 9apps apk, that is my principal competence. Hope to hear from you soon, bye for now!

• November 23, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Hello, you’re definitely correct. I frequently go through your posts closely. I’m also fascinated with best intercom system, perhaps you could write about that sometimes. Bye bye!

• November 24, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I have been browsing online more than three hours these days, but I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty value enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web might be much more helpful than ever before.

• November 26, 2017 at 1:33 am

Heya, what do you think concerning instagram followers boost? Pretty awesome subject, right?

• November 26, 2017 at 1:19 pm