Finland has no immediate plans to join NATO — ambassador

YEKATERINBURG, May 17. /TASS/. Finland has no plans to join NATO, Finnish Ambassador to Russia, Mikko Hautala, told reporters on Wednesday.

“Our policy is such that we have relations based on partnership with NATO, but Finland is not a member of that alliance,” said Hautala who arrived in Yekaterinburg for a working visit. “Of course, we believe that, as a sovereign nation, we have the right to determine our foreign policy on our own. However, we have no plans to join NATO in our foreign policy,” the ambassador said when asked whether Finland adheres to the policy of not seeking NATO membership.

Finland and Russia have been maintaining stable relations despite controversies concerning the Ukrainian and Syrian crises, he said

“We don’t feel any threat coming from Russia,” said the ambassador who arrived on a working visit to the city of Yekaterinburg. “We have stable relations despite some controversies concerning Ukraine and Syria. Our relations are rather transparent,” the Finnish diplomat added.

Finland’s proposal to host a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Donald Trump is still on the table, he went on.

Earlier Finland’s President Sauli Niinisto suggested hosting such a meeting. “The proposal is still on the table, but it is not for us to make a decision, but for the two presidents,” said the Finnish ambassador who arrived on a working visit to the Russian city of Yekaterinburg.

20 thoughts on “Finland has no immediate plans to join NATO — ambassador

• October 24, 2017 at 9:03 am

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

• October 30, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve take into accout your stuff previous to and you are simply too excellent. I really like what you’ve acquired right here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which by which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn far more from you. That is really a tremendous site.

• November 2, 2017 at 9:15 am

Howdy can you tell me which blog platform you’re dealing with? I’m looking to begin my own blog on garageband app very soon although I am having difficulty choosing.

• November 2, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Thanks for writing this, I saved the page. I am additionally searching for details around how to access router, have you any idea exactly where I might find one thing like that? I will come back soon!

• November 3, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Thank you for this amazing post! I certainly appreciated learning about.I will be sure to bookmark your page and will often return from now on. I would love to encourage that you keep on with your nice posts, possibly write about router options also, have a fine morning!

• November 3, 2017 at 8:50 pm

There are some fascinating closing dates on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There’s some validity but I’ll take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as effectively

• November 15, 2017 at 2:02 pm

[b]Discounts! best online products
    [i]Products which fall under this return policy can be returned domestically, as long as they are unused and in the original packaging. No questions asked!
    If a product that falls under this guarantee is found to be counterfeit, you will get a full refund (shipping costs included).[/i]

[b]READ MORE[/b]
    [url=] online store | smart phones, tablets, laptops, video recorders in Moscow[/url]
    [url=]книги +в жанре антиутопия современные[/url]
    [url=]1pc use 50 times 8 colors refillable dolce gusto coffee capsule nescafe dolce gusto reusable capsule ( 1.10 $)[/url]
    [url=]амортизатор капота ваз 2110[/url]
    [url=]15ml white peel off liquid nail art tape latex tape palisade for easy clean base gel ( 1.95 $)[/url]
    Baby Girls Hair Accessories Sequins Heart Butterfly Barrettes Glitter Stars BB Clip Hair Clips Kids Children Hairpin Wholesale ( 0.67 $)
    Yongnuo yn600ex-rt 2.4g wireless hss 18000s master flash speedlite for canon camera as 600ex-rt yn600ex rt ( 114.00 $)
    [url=]Extra Spare H6D – 05 3.7V 380mAh Battery for JJRC H6D H6C H29G Remote Control Quadcopter ( $3.84 )[/url]
    Ikaria Lace Silver Leather Flat Sandal ( 160.00 $)
    18Pcs Fly Fishing lead Line Leader Wire leading line Assortment Sleeve and Swivel Stainless Steel Rolling Swivels 122228cm ( 1.69 $)
    [url=]DoreenBeads 2016 Hot Sale Jewelry Components 10 Sets Antique Silver Teapot Bead Caps Set Jewelry Findings 21x9mm 7x3mm 2016 new ( 1.14 $)[/url]
    [url=]30pcslot fishing lure accessories minnow spinner spoon metal artificial bait tackle hooks ( 15.00 $)[/url]
    Mini Waterproof Rechargeable GSM GPS Tracker magnet Long Battery Life Car Human Asset tracking device 30 Days tracking systems ( 40.90 $)
    [url=]hi phone am[/url]
    [url=]Purple s Shirt ( 47.50 $)[/url]

Менеджеров, психологов, HR-специалистов, бизнес-тренеров психолошия. Так же, как и вы, заинтересован способ приобретения ими гибкости и адаптивности.
    [url=]мотивация труда персонала организации[/url] Порядок исчисления и уплаты единого налога при учётных регистров. Финансовая, административная и менеджерр ответственность налогоплательщиков за учёта в организации. Документы для оформления основных средств. Сроки расчётов исковой давности.
    Организация работы педагога-психолога ДОО в условиях реализации. [url=]аренда помещения под танцевальный зал[/url]
    Организация работы с письмами.

• November 16, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Awesome website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get comments from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!

• November 17, 2017 at 2:58 am

Thanks for your amazing post! I definitely enjoyed reading it.I will be sure to save this page and definitely will come back in the future. I would like to encourage you to definitely keep going with the good posts, possibly try to think of Arvind Pandit Kansas too, have a fantastic morning!

• November 18, 2017 at 7:48 am

There’s amazing improvements on the style of your page, I honestly enjoy that! My own is relating to garageband free app and right now there are lots of stuff to do, I’m still a newbie in webpage design. Take care!

• November 18, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Thank you for sharing this info, I saved this page. I’m additionally trying to find details around vshare android, do you know where I might find something such as this? I’ll return quickly!

• November 18, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Hello there, you are absolutely right. I constantly go through your site content attentively. I’m furthermore fascinated with facetime for android, perhaps you could discuss this at times. See you!

• November 22, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I enjoy the things you are up to. This kind of great work and exposure! Carry on the great effort friends, I have included you to my kik messenger login website.

• November 23, 2017 at 9:01 am

I frequently read through your content thoroughly. I am furthermore considering real estate training, perhaps you might write about that occasionally. Regards.

• November 23, 2017 at 8:39 pm

There are certainly awesome modifications on the style of this page, I definitely enjoy this. Mine is on the subject of intercom installation and right now there are a lot of stuff to be done, I am currently a newcomer in web page design. Cheers!

• November 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm

magnificent issues altogether, you just gained a new reader. What might you recommend about your publish that you just made some days in the past? Any certain?

• November 25, 2017 at 4:12 pm

You’re absolutely correct! I really liked looking through this info and I will certainly come back for more right away. My website is on the subject of zapya for pc, you might take a look if you’re interested in that.

• November 25, 2017 at 11:53 pm

There’s fantastic changes on the structure of the website, I really love this! My website is on the subject of how to get followers on twitter and now there are plenty of stuff to do, I’m currently a beginner in webpage design. Take care!

• November 26, 2017 at 12:35 pm