Indian-Origin Businessman Harnish Patel Shot Dead Outside His Home In US

NEW YORK: With the nation still in shock from the killing of an Indian engineer in the US last week, another Indian-origin businessman has been shot dead outside his home in South Carolina, media reports said.

On Thursday night, Harnish Patel had closed his shop at 11.24 p.m. and barely ten minutes later he was shot dead outside his house in Lancaster, a media report said.

Patel’s death comes two days after President Donald Trump had condemned as “hate and evil” the killing of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, the previous Wednesday in a Kansas bar.

Local officials in Lancaster, however, did not believe that Patel’s killing was a bias crime as investigations are on, The Herald reported

“I don’t have any reason to believe that this was racially motivated,” County Sheriff Barry Faile said on Friday.

In the February 22 Kansas killing, Kuchibhotla was shot dead by a man screaming, “Get out of my country”.

Another Indian Alok Madasani, who was with the victim at a bar, and an American, Ian Grillot, who tried to stop the shooting, were also shot and injured.

Adam Purinton, a white and a former Navy SEAL was arrested and charged with murder. He had reportedly said that he had shot two Iranians after shooting the Indians.

The hate crime was condemned by leaders in both the US and India.

In his State of the Union address to the joint session of the Congress on February 28, Trump said: “Last week’s shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a Nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms.”

Local WSOCTV said that in Lancaster there was a lot of anger over the killing of Patel, who was considered an important member of the community and a kind person who treated his customers as friends and helped law enforcement.

His store was close to the Sheriff’s office and deputies often frequented the store.

Faile said on TV that Patel was a “great family man” and a friend.

The station said that Patel was survived by his wife and child in elementary school, who were at home when he was killed.

People had created an impromptu shrine outside Patel’s Speed Mart store by leaving balloons and flowers in his memory, the station said. A sign on door read, “Store closed for few days because of family emergency. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

A tearful customer, Nicole Jones, told the station that when someone didn’t have money, Patel gave them food. “I would have no idea who would do this to him as good as he is to everybody,” she said.

A store employee, Keira Baskin, said that he only wanted the best for his employees and his family.

On Thursday night a woman called the police and said that she heard screaming and gunshots and when sheriff’s deputies arrived there they found Patel dead from apparent gunshot wounds a few feet from his house, WBTV reported.

Police found two shell casings at the crime scene. A police dog could not pick up any scent to follow from there, WSOCTV reported.

23 thoughts on “Indian-Origin Businessman Harnish Patel Shot Dead Outside His Home In US

• October 20, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Hi are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

• October 24, 2017 at 8:55 am

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

• October 30, 2017 at 11:28 pm

wonderful points altogether, you just gained a new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your post that you simply made a few days ago? Any sure?

• November 2, 2017 at 7:39 am

You are completely right! I really liked looking through this info and I will return for more right away. My own website is dealing with quotes, you can check it out if you happen to be interested in that.

• November 3, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I was talking to a buddy of my own around this article and even about best over the ear headphones too. I do think you made a number of very good points in this case, we’re excited to keep reading material from you.

• November 3, 2017 at 7:13 pm

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Thank you!

• November 16, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Everyone loves what you dudes are up to. This type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the good work friends, I’ve incorporated you guys to my own blogroll.

• November 17, 2017 at 12:45 am

Howdy can you let me know which blogging platform you are utilizing? I’m going to start my own blog on Arvind Pandit Kansas in the near future although I’m having difficulty deciding.

• November 18, 2017 at 4:17 pm

There are terrific modifications on the structure of the page, I honestly enjoy it! My own is dealing with new years greetings and certainly, there are quite a lot of stuff to be done, I am still a beginner in website creation. Thanks!

• November 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm

I’m curious to find out just what site system you have been using? I am having some minor protection challenges with the most recent site on lucky patcher download android and I’d love to find one thing far more risk-free. Are there any solutions?

• November 22, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I was talking to a friend of mine around this article and also about lucky patcher apk as well. I believe you made a few good points here, we’re also excited to keep reading stuff from you.

• November 23, 2017 at 7:13 pm

You are totally right and I totally trust you. Whenever you want, we might also chat around home intercom system, one thing which fascinates me. Your website is truly impressive, cheers!

• November 24, 2017 at 3:58 pm

The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

• November 25, 2017 at 8:03 am

I am not rattling great with English but I get hold this really easygoing to read .

• November 25, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Greetings! This is my very first comment on this site so I simply wanted to give a quick hello and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend other blogs which cover how to buy twitter followers? I’m as well quite intrigued by this! Thanks!

• November 26, 2017 at 10:25 am