Russian Navy to receive amphibious assault ship Ivan Gren in autumn

MOSCOW, January 25. /TASS/. The Project 11711 amphibious assault lead ship Ivan Gren will be delivered to the Russian Navy no sooner than November, President of Russia’s United Ship-Building Corporation Alexei Rakhmanov said on Wednesday.

“Perhaps, this will happen no sooner than November because quite a complex problem has surfaced with the degaussing system, on which work is currently under way, and we’ll be able to finish this work,” Rakhmanov said.

The most important thing now is that scientists should confirm the accuracy of calculations so that “we do not have to slash it again” subsequently, he said.

“Unfortunately, the Ivan Gren has had such a hard fate: the ship has been under construction for almost 14 years, and not even an enterprise within the United Ship-Building Corporation began to build it, and over this time the technical requirements for the vessel have changed three times,” Rakhmanov said.

The Project 11711 large amphibious assault lead ship Ivan Gren was laid down at the Yantar Shipyard in Kaliningrad in December 2004 and put afloat in May 2012.

The ship started undergoing sea trials in June 2016. On order from Russia’s Defense Ministry, the Yantar Shipyard will build another ship of this class, Pyotr Morgunov, which is expected to be delivered to the Navy in 2018.

Project 11711 warships are designed to land marines on a coastal area seized by the enemy and transport military hardware and equipment. The warship can carry 13 tanks or 36 armored personnel carriers, and also up to 300 marines. The amphibious assault ship Ivan Gren is armed with three 30mm six-barrel artillery systems and two Kamov Ka-29 transport and combat helicopters.

The ship has a displacement of 5,000 tons, a length of 120 meters, a width of 16.5 meters, a speed of 18 knots and a cruising capacity of 30 days.

8 thoughts on “Russian Navy to receive amphibious assault ship Ivan Gren in autumn

• October 24, 2017 at 11:52 am

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.

• November 4, 2017 at 2:45 am

I simply wanted to write a quick word to be able to say thanks to you for the remarkable ways you are giving on this site. My time-consuming internet investigation has at the end of the day been rewarded with brilliant facts and strategies to go over with my two friends. I would repeat that most of us site visitors actually are very much fortunate to be in a good website with very many brilliant individuals with great opinions. I feel pretty lucky to have encountered the site and look forward to many more fun times reading here. Thanks a lot again for everything.

• November 16, 2017 at 10:35 am

I don’t know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your website. It looks like some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen before. Thanks

• November 16, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Hi there! This is my first comment on your website so I really wanted to give a fast shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs that deal with Arvind Pandit? I am likewise extremely keen on that thing! Thanks!

• November 24, 2017 at 1:54 am

I’m really curious to find out just what site system you have been working with? I’m experiencing some minor safety issues with my latest site dealing with whole house intercom and I would love to find one thing more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

• November 24, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for some other informative website. Where else may just I get that type of information written in such a perfect means? I’ve a project that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.

• November 26, 2017 at 3:59 am

It was amazing to read this and I believe you’re absolutely right. Let me know in case you’re thinking about how to get followers on instagram, that’s my main competence. Hope to check back with you in the near future, cheers!

• November 26, 2017 at 8:08 am