Emma Watson, named in Panama Papers leak, denies dodging taxes

LONDON, May 11 — Emma Watson is the latest celebrity to be caught up in the Panama Papers scandal.

She is said to have interests in a firm based in the British Virgin Islands called Falling Leaves Ltd.

Yesterday, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists made 200,000 entities available on its website.

The data was obtained from Panamanian law firm Mossack Foneca, which said it was hacked.

Her spokesman told the Spectator, however, that the Harry Potter actress used it for privacy and not to avoid tax.

The magazine quoted the representative as saying, “Emma (like many high profile individuals) set up an offshore company for the sole purpose of protecting her anonymity and safety.

“UK companies are required to publicly publish details of their shareholders and therefore do not give her the necessary anonymity required to protect her personal safety, which has been jeopardised in the past owing to such information being publicly available.

“Offshore companies do not publish these shareholder details. Emma receives absolutely no tax or monetary advantages from this offshore company whatsoever — only privacy.”

As with many of Fonseca’s clients, there is no evidence that Watson used the company for improper purposes.

Setting up an offshore company is not by itself illegal or evidence of illegal conduct.

But anti-poverty campaigners say shell companies can be used by the wealthy and powerful to shield money from taxation, or to launder the gains from bribery, embezzlement and other forms of corruption.

The stash of records was obtained from an anonymous source by German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung and shared with media worldwide. The documents, from around 214,000 offshore entities, cover almost 40 years. – MMO

18 thoughts on “Emma Watson, named in Panama Papers leak, denies dodging taxes

• October 20, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Your home is valueble for me. Thanks!…

• October 30, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your publish is simply cool and that i can suppose you’re an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to seize your RSS feed to keep updated with coming near near post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please continue the enjoyable work.

• November 2, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Hello there I’m truly thrilled I discovered this website, I basically found you by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for phone number tracker with location. Anyways I’m here right now and would really love to say thank you for a incredible write-up and the all-round thrilling website (I also like the theme/design), I do not have enough time to read it entirely at the minute though I have bookmarked it and moreover included the RSS feed, so when I have the time I will be returning to read more. Make sure you do continue the excellent job.

• November 2, 2017 at 2:36 pm

It was great reading this info and I feel you’re totally correct. Let me know in case you’re interested in internet router, that is my main expertise. I hope to see you in the near future, bye for now!

• November 3, 2017 at 1:30 pm

I was talking to a good friend of mine on this and regarding free apps for android too. I feel you made a number of good points on this page, we’re excited to read more information from you.

• November 3, 2017 at 10:20 pm

This internet web-site is truly a walk-through for all of the information you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll unquestionably discover it.

• November 11, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Howdy! I just found this amazing site and I honestly love it. I love to chat about made to measure upvc windows occasionally. Great to be around, regards!

• November 16, 2017 at 2:01 pm

You will discover undoubtedly a whole lot of details like that to take into consideration. That’s an awesome point to bring up. I give the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are actually questions like the 1 you bring up where probably the most vital factor might be operating in honest excellent faith. I don?t know if ideal practices have emerged about factors like that, but I am confident that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

• November 17, 2017 at 1:49 am

Howdy, you are definitely correct. I frequently read your content attentively. I’m furthermore considering Arvind Pandit, you could write about that at times. Regards.

• November 18, 2017 at 8:00 am

You’re entirely correct. I really enjoyed looking through this info and I will return for more as soon as possible. My own site is dealing with garageband ipad, you could check it out if you happen to be interested in this.

• November 18, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Hi there. I recently discovered this excellent website and I truly like it. I want to discuss android facetime app from time to time. Great to be here, thank you!

• November 22, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I was discussing with a friend of my own about this info and even regarding lucky patcher for iphone too. I do think you made a lot of very good points in this case, we’re excited to find out more information from you.

• November 23, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Thanks for discussing the idea, I saved this website. I’m furthermore trying to find information on wireless video intercom, have you any idea the place where I might discover one thing like that? I will be back soon!

• November 24, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Thanks for another informative site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

• November 26, 2017 at 12:55 am

I’m really intrigued to find out just what blog platform you’re using? I’m having some minor security difficulties with our latest blog regarding more followers on instagram and I would like to find one thing a lot more risk-free. Do you have any strategies?

• November 26, 2017 at 11:22 am