Who are you to pigeonhole us as just a Chinese party? MCA asks Ali Tinju

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 22 — MCA leaders refuted today a former soldier’s allegation that it merely represents ethnic Chinese voters, saying it stands for all Malaysians as a component party in the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.

MCA Youth chief Chong Sin Woon said Mohd Ali Baharom, better known as Ali Tinju, should not seek cheap publicity by bringing race into the Kota Raya controversy that started as a fraud case.

“Who is Ali Tinju to represent the Malays? And who is he to call MCA a party that is defending the Chinese only and let alone the cheaters?” Chong challenged.

“Malaysia is multicultural country and we are where we are today because of Barisan Nasional and its component parties,” he told Malay Mail Online when contacted.

In a phone interview with ProjekMMO, Malay Mail Online’s sister publication in Bahasa Malaysia yesterday before his arrest, Mohd Ali claimed MCA was a party that defended “cheating Chinese” and urged the BN component party to take responsibility for the actions of the ethnic group that it represents.

The former soldier, whose Merah 1Malaysia movement claims to champion Malay rights, told MCA to “school” its people first, after the leaders pointed out that race has nothing to do with dishonest merchants in the wake of an alleged handphone scam at Kota Raya shopping complex last week.

Mohd Ali also suggested MCA join DAP, adding that their union would allow him to better attack the party.

MCA religious harmony bureau chairman Datuk Seri Ti Lian Ker said he will not stoop to Mohd Ali’s level to debate the matter, when contacted for his response.

He said MCA was among the country’s pillars that had played a key role in its founding and has been a bedrock to other BN partners when the dominant Malays were divided.

“History has shown that MCA helped our component parties when they were in trouble and likewise when the Malays were divided by the reformasi movement,” he told Malay Mail Online, referring to the Malay split in the late 1990s over the arrest and subsequent prosecution of sacked deputy prime minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, which led to the birth of PKR as a splinter group from Umno, the country’s largest political party.

“We also don’t say the Chinese helped former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad head the country, although statistics obviously showed that Chinese voters helped him,” Ti added.

MCA’s publicity bureau chairman Datuk Chai Kim Sen issued a separate statement today in response to Mohd Ali’s remarks, chiding the self-styled Malay rights champion of trying to fan racial flames within the country.

“Ali Tinju wants to start heated exchanges between BN parties but more sinisterly. He eagerly expects MCA to rebut from a racial angle so he could skew the rebuttal into a racial issue and initiate backlashes from various communities.

“We are smarter than to fall in a trap that is intentionally set up for us,” the senator said in his press statement.

Mohd Ali is currently under a two-day remand for questioning over remarks he made during the Kota Raya protest he organised last Friday.

He was charged with sedition in July over incendiary remarks issued in connection with another alleged handphone cheating incident outside the Low Yat Plaza, but the Attorney-General later discontinued prosecution, citing lack of evidence.

17 thoughts on “Who are you to pigeonhole us as just a Chinese party? MCA asks Ali Tinju

• September 19, 2017 at 2:38 pm

The forlorn defense not to belong to to such drawings is the load it puts on the patent server. Not to quotation as ration of the hidden internet (hidden at the rear an API) things can change.

• October 24, 2017 at 8:03 am

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

• October 30, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• November 2, 2017 at 7:27 am

Howdy! I recently discovered this great site and I certainly love it. I like to focus on encouraging quotes occasionally. Great to be around, many thanks!

• November 3, 2017 at 1:45 pm

You are totally correct and I agree with you. Whenever you want, we can as well talk regarding smartphones for sale, one thing that fascinates me. Your website is truly brilliant, all the best!

• November 3, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I’ll right away clutch your rss feed as I can’t to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me understand in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

• November 13, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Have you ever considered writing an e-book or gust writing on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would value your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

• November 16, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Exceptional post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

• November 17, 2017 at 8:20 am

I’m definitely enjoying the theme/design of your information site. Do you ever encounter any kind of web browser compatibility situations? Some of the website audience have lamented concerning my Arvind Pandit Kansas website not operating the right way in Internet Explorer but seems fantastic in Chrome. Do you have any solutions to aid correct that situation?

• November 18, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Good day! I just noticed this site and I really like it. I love to talk about windows 10 kmspico from time to time. Great to be here, thanks a lot!

• November 22, 2017 at 5:28 pm

You are absolutely right and I trust you. Whenever you wish, we can as well talk around kik pc, one thing which intrigues me. The site is fantastic, cheers!

• November 23, 2017 at 8:46 am

I enjoy the things you people are now up to. Such cool work and exposure! Keep up the fantastic effort friends, I’ve incorporated you to my personal real estate jobs webpage.

• November 23, 2017 at 9:09 pm

You are absolutely right! I liked looking through this and I will certainly get back for more right away. Our website is dealing with residential intercom system, you could have a look if you’re interested in this.

• November 24, 2017 at 5:26 pm

This really answered my drawback, thank you!

• November 25, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I just arrived over here from a different page about facetime for windows and considered I should check out this page. I really like the things I see thus I am just following you. Looking forward to looking into your website yet again.

• November 26, 2017 at 12:16 am

I was speaking to a buddy of mine around this article and regarding likes for instagram as well. I believe you made a lot of good points in this article, we’re excited to find out more stuff from you.

• November 26, 2017 at 5:36 pm