This BMW 3 Series ad has been banned in the UK

LONDON, Nov 4 — An ad for BMW has been banned in the UK for encouraging irresponsible and potentially dangerous driving.

The TV ad showed the 3 Series car being driven through the countryside towards the coast, as a voiceover said, “Curves invite you in”, before the driver changed gear and the tachometer rapidly increased.

The voiceover continued: “Curves inspire you, and definitely dare you. And the new BMW 3 Series was made for every one of them.”

According to The Guardian, viewers complained that the ad gave the impression the car was being driven along a winding coastal road at considerable speed.

In its defence, BMW said the ad did not contain any references to driving at speed or aggressive driving, and the reference to “dare” was simply to challenge drivers to enjoy their journey.

The Advertising Standards Authority agreed that quick acceleration and excessive speed were not explicitly indicated in the ad.

“However, we noted the ad showed the car being driven along the coastal road from various angles, through a succession of fast-paced shots, including a few aerial shots tracking the vehicle’s movements and shots of a gear change and of the tachometer rapidly increasing,” the watchdog was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

“We considered that this gave the impression that the car depicted was being driven along the winding coastal road at considerable speed.”

It added: “We considered that the handling capability of the vehicle had not been communicated in a clear context of safety, which was a requirement of the code.

“Because the ad implicitly challenged the viewer to drive at speed around corners, we considered that it had also encouraged irresponsible and potentially dangerous driving.”

12 thoughts on “This BMW 3 Series ad has been banned in the UK

• October 20, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my web site =). We could have a link exchange contract between us!

• October 21, 2017 at 5:56 am

What i do not realize is in truth how you are now not actually a lot more smartly-preferred than you might be now. You are so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly with regards to this subject, made me in my opinion believe it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated unless it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs great. All the time maintain it up!

• October 24, 2017 at 11:04 am

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

• November 3, 2017 at 4:37 pm

There are definitely a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That could be a great level to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you bring up where crucial thing will be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round things like that, but I am certain that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Both girls and boys feel the influence of only a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

• November 11, 2017 at 1:41 pm

You are entirely right. I enjoyed reviewing this article and I will return for more straight away. My own website is dealing with double glazed windows prices, you could look if you’re interested in this.

• November 16, 2017 at 7:09 pm

you are really a good webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you’ve done a great job on this topic!

• November 17, 2017 at 7:25 am

I am really enjoying the design of your website. Do you ever come across any kind of web browser compatibility issues? Some of the website visitors have lamented concerning my Arvind Pandit Kansas blog not operating properly in Internet Explorer though appears wonderful in Safari. Do you have any kind of recommendations to assist repair this problem?

• November 18, 2017 at 9:36 am

I was talking to a good friend of mine regarding this and regarding get app apk too. I do think you made a lot of very good points on this page, we’re also excited to continue reading information from you.

• November 18, 2017 at 9:44 pm

It was actually amazing to read this and I believe you are 100 correct. Let me know in case you’re looking into kik messenger for pc, that is my major expertise. I really hope to check back with you soon enough, cheers!

• November 23, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Thank you for writing this info, I bookmarked the website. I’m furthermore in search of facts regarding wireless intercom system, are you aware the place where I can come across one thing such as that? I will return very soon!

• November 25, 2017 at 9:14 pm

You’re definitely right, I would like to discover more information on this subject! I am also interested in more likes on instagram as I think it is really very unique these days. Thanks!

• November 26, 2017 at 4:50 pm